
So it's fall break, and I'm at home spending some quality time with my kids. They definitely feed my bipolarity. In one moment, there is complete chaos with lots of screaming and carrying on. In the next moment, all is fun and giggly to the point of peeing in my pants. They are so unpredictable, yet extremely entertaining, at this age.
My oldest is 4, soon to be 5. He loves to dress up in costumes and pretend! Lately he's been on a pirate kick. He wore a complete pirate costume to the zoo the other day including his sword and compass. No, it wasn't Zoo Boo -- he just wanted to wear it, and I didn't want to break his little heart. Of course, he received lots of stares and comments. He didn't care, though. He was in character.
My youngest is 3, soon to be 4. She is B-O-S-S-Y (like her mom)! She and I have a weird relationship. We butt heads quite a bit, but we have a connection that the boys don't understand. She makes me crazy and makes me want to kiss her all at the same time! She's too smart for her own good, and is very nurturing. She mothers her brother constantly (even when he doesn't want her to).
She, too, likes to pretend. She is ALWAYS a mom, and even has make-believe "kids." She's puts them in their carseats, rocks them in their cradle and mends their boo-boos. She's even named them - Sprinkles and Minnie.
I wish I could bottle this age because I know that I'll probably forget what this feels like once they start school. Once peer pressure starts impacting their every move, all things will change. It will break my heart the first time E decides that wearing his pirate costume to the zoo is not cool. I'll be so sad when G stops trying to mother her brother because her friends HATE boys. Why do they have to grow up so fast???
I'm not very good at keeping those crazy baby books updated. Hopefully, though, this blog will be around forever to serve as a reminder. Here are some things my kids said or did today that made me laugh out loud:
E: Mom, no school today. We're on Frog Break!
G: It was really loud in that movie-k-nator.
G: But I wanna hear "Waking Up in Vegas." (This isn't as funny coming from a 7 year old, but she's only 3 and already know Katy Perry!)
E: In his pirate coat and a BK crown, he danced and sang Phineas & Ferb's "Backyard Beach" in the middle of Burger King. (He knows the words too!)
G at Walmart: Can we go to the kindergarten? (That's the Garden Center for those of you who don't speak G-nese.)
E: Mama, you have a Judy-Booty! (If you know Judy, you know it's not a compliment.)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Am I right, or what?