Monday, September 20, 2010

Technology Gone Too Far

I am usually a believer in justice and the government.  Bitchin' about the ills of welfare?  You won't get that from me.  When Rodney King got an ass whoopin' by the po-po, I was on the side of the law.  Maybe if he'd calmed his ass down, he wouldn't have gotten such a beat down.  When O.J. killed his ex and her boyfriend yet alluded conviction, I never squawked.  If the jury don't get cha, Karma will.  I may sound naive, but I <3 our democracy and all it's little imperfections. 

At least I did.  Until today.

My husband came home with some official mail for me from the City of Millington.  Of course, he broke the law and opened even though IT DID NOT HAVE HIS NAME ON IT (pet peeve #499).  However, I'm too pissed right now to even let my ADD interrupt my rant.  A-hmm.  As I was saying, an official letter in the mail from a neighboring city. 

Do you know what the heck was in said official envelope???  A friggin' speeding ticket!  No, I didn't get pulled over and forget about it.  That, I could stomach.  No, this is a ticket written by a damn computerized camera!  I was in an area where the speed limit drops from 55 to 40.  According to Officer R2-D2, I was going 51 in a 40.

WTF??!!??  Isn't it apparent that I was slowing down?  How do they know my freakin' head wasn't on fire?  Or worse, maybe I was rushing my child to the hospital?  I could have explained myself to a real police officer and possibly batted my eyes and showed some cleavage gotten away with a warning.  Hell, I didn't even know there was a camera in the area!  What was I to do, climb a street pole to be heard??

I'm just pissed about the whole damn thing.  It's a freakin' racket!  I ain't shopping at the Walmart anymore if I have to be on the look out for UFOs (Unidentified Filming Officers). 

Technology has just gone a bit too far!  If that camera is so damn smart, why didn't it capture a pic of my bank account information and get the money all by itself? 

Damn-near fascism...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sucks! I'm glad my little town isn't fancy enough to rig one of those up.

april said...

is that on 51??? AND... your exactly right, what if your in a rush to the hospital such as I was the night my grandmother took a bad turn and it was an emergency???

Liz said...

Ive gotten one of those before. I tried to tell hubby it wasn't me, but he could see my head in the picture. Dang big hair!!

Carolyn said...

Opening someone else's mail is pet peeve #87 for me. A ticket like that would ruin my entire year.

Post a Comment

Am I right, or what?