Why are women so complex? Why are we so competitive and critical at times then loving and nurturing at others? We are our own worst enemies! You never have to worry about a man making you feel bad about yourself because there's always a "girlfriend" to help you out with that. I don't expect to be BFFs with every woman I know. I have absolutely nothing in common with some. We have different life experiences and cannot connect. I get that, and it doesn't bother me. It is human nature to surround yourself with people whose company you actually enjoy. I like to be liked, but I don't necessarily need to be on everyone's speed dial. I don't expect to receive baked goods at Christmas. I am not even expecting my female acquaintances to acknowledge my birthday. I do, however, expect them to be polite. When they are not, it freakin' PISSES ME OFF!
NEWSFLASH. We are not in high school anymore, people! So why do some women insist on being rude? I'm not talking about Emily Post and her rules on proper etiquette. I'm just talking about human decency! Seriously...
If you see someone you know in the grocery store, don't just go about your business without acknowledging them. Don't avoid making eye contact or pretend you don't see them especially when you know that they see you. If you don't want to talk to folks because you look like death on a cracker, hide in the cereal aisle. But DON'T, I repeat, DON'T walk by them without so much as a smile or nod. That is just plain rude and not very nice.
I admit that I can be a bitch at times. I shoot straight from the hip, and am not a good liar. If there's an opinion to be had, I definitely have one. However, I do not purposefully shun people. If I hurt someone's feelings, I do not do it intentionally. And once I discover that I have hurt someone's feelings, I am truly apologetic. I am sarcastic and quick-witted, but I am not MEAN! Furthermore, I don't like MEAN people.
I think the next time I run into a rude female acquaintance at the Piggly Wiggly, I will loudly and boisterously go over and greet her with a great, big hug. I may even use a very loud voice to ask for a cigarette (even though neither of us smokes) just to see the mortified look on her face. Wouldn't that be hilarious??
We all know an uptight woman so just visualize it. Can you just see her face pucker up with disdain? I can't help but smile just thinking about it. I figure it serves her right for being rude. Maybe next time instead of pretending I don't exist, she'll hide behind the Diet Coke display on aisle 13...

No comments:
Post a Comment
Am I right, or what?