Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Back to Work...Life Is Good


Yes!  There is a God!  We are going back to school and work tomorrow!  Woo Hoo!

Don't get me wrong.  The timing of our winter storm could not have been any better.  I was literally on the verge of...well, let's just say it was not going to be good for the 16 year old darlings in my classroom.  God works in mysterious ways.  He knows my limitations.  Let's just say that some days I find it necessary to hide the scissors.

Yep, the break was good.  For a day.  Okay, maybe two.  But we've been stuck in the house for five freakin' days!!!  My preschoolers cannot take anymore "mommy time."  We've colored, we've glittered, we've cut, we've glued, we've painted.  'Nuff's enough!  Mommy's pooped and in need of a little adult interaction.

I do not see how stay-at-home moms do it!  I'm too lazy to stay home.  Hell, my husband might expect me to start cleaning house, doing laundry, and cooking.  Phew...  That wears me out just thinking about it.  No sirree, Mister!  I'm going to work where things are less chaotic.  I'm going to work so I can catch a few laughs with my friends.  Oh, and mold the minds of tomorrow's leaders!  Seriously, though, I think may vomit if I have to watch one more episode of Yo Gabba Gabba! 
Keep trying, keep trying.  Don't give up, don't give up!
I did get a little "grown up" time with my husband each afternoon, if that's what you want to call it.  But his idea of grown up time involves lots of grab-tail and groping.  Get off me, please!!!  Funny, maybe, but not very intellectually stimulating...  Of course, I guess some folks might not consider talk about DM's cankles and white shoes in the winter (GASP!) intellectually stimulating either.  It's all about your perspective, honey.  You like to talk about politics and the life cycle of an amoeba; we like to talk about PMS and the horrors of vertical stripes with madras plaid.

I am looking forward to getting back to business tomorrow.  Of course, by next Thursday I'll probably need a nervous pill.  But for now, let me enjoy my excitement. 

Woo Hoo!!!  I can't wait for my alarm to go off at 5:30 am tomorrow morning!  I can't wait to argue with my daughter about which shoes she will wear.  I can't wait to tell my son 500 times to get his damn clothes on!  I can't wait to put my make up on as I drive to school because I'm running late.  I can't wait to run through the attendance doors at 7:19:45 a.m. and untangle that dang pen to get signed in before 7:20 a.m.  I can't wait to spend 3 hours in homeroom so the Juniors can take their writing assessment.  I can't wait!!! 

Ummm, I think we might need just one more snow day!

2 comments:

Alexis AKA MOM said...

LOL I love it, maybe just one more snow day :)

Liz said...

The problem is that you did too much while you were stuck in the house. Stop all of the crafting. Next time, let those kids watch more TV. It won't kill 'em!

Post a Comment

Am I right, or what?