I have not been a good bloggy friend. I'm so far behind, I don't know if I'll ever get to reading everything! Don't get me wrong; I need the laughter! But my time is a precious commodity these days. Apparently, the world makes a complete stop and the air we breathe disappears if I don't give everyone my undivided attention around here. But I digress...
I will catch up soon. Pinky promise!
I need to keep this brief because Mr. OCD and our bundles of joy will be home in approximately 14 minutes. I've got to type fast!
However, I feel it is my duty as a woman to try to protect the lives of other women. As a result, this post is really a very important Public Service Announcement! *WONK* *WONK* *WONK* (That is the annoying little noise that precedes those Emergency Broadcast messages for those who took the short bus today.)
Ah-hem... Attention ladies! Regardless of how low on funds your family may be, NEVER, EVER try this at home. Let me repeat myself for those too busy multi-tasking to understand me the first time.
Regardless of how broke you may be, NEVER, EVER, EVER try this at home!
When I was young, I was a total blond and could pull this off. Hell, I think it was this blond in college. Hawt Mama! Let's face it, though. I am not in my 20s anymore, and I have NO business dying my own freakin' hair! Chemistry was not my favorite subject, and I ain't no Issac Newton.
I nearly pulled a Britney Spears, and shaved my damn head. I looked like a fluorescent pineapple! Even worse, I did this on the day before I was to return to work. I had to go to work the next day looking like Frenchie from Grease (Who doesn't love that movie?? Best. EVER!)
Praise Jesus; Joanie's SIL is a fantastic hairdresser. On her day off, she met me at her shop and fixed me up right. I no longer glow in the dark. Thanks Laurie from This Is It Salon! You rock, girlfriend!
Excuse my shiny face and tired eyes. I'd just come in from 175 degree heat! The makeup pretty much melted off my face. God, I love August in the South! That was sarcasm for you slower folks...



6 comments:
I remember trying to pull blond off the first day I took my youngest to preschool. My blond was more radioactive orange than yours. I can't even imagine what that poor preschool teacher thought of me. I looked like I may as well have had a sign on my head that said "3 Guesses What My Night Job Is!" Your after photo looks FABULOUS, by the way.
That's about the color I was in college! Mine might have been a little lighter...
Your hair looks gorgeous now!!
I am laughing my butt off! Love the new hair color. She did a great job!
Didn't Britney shave her head to match her crotch?
Post a Comment
Am I right, or what?