Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Who's Kid Is This?

So my sweet little boy has started kindergarten.  Today was his first day of after-school care.  I'm sending him a few days a week so I can get some work done, go to the gym, or whatever.  It's way cheaper than daycare or a traditional babysitter.  Since I require lots of "Me," after-school care sounded like an ideal plan.

Like I said, today was day one.  As in the very first.  Imagine my horror when I picked him up and found that he'd been in quite a bit of trouble.  According to the Director, and one of my former students, he smarted off to his teacher and was being an all-around brat.  His teacher, yet another former student of moi, referred him to the Director's office where he proceeded to be biligerent towards her as well.  Finally, the Director called in the Principal who pretty much ripped my son a new asshole one scolded him and brought him to tears.

According to the report when the Director told my son that she'd call his parents, Mr. Smarty Pants replied, "You don't even know my daddy."  The Director explained to my son that she did, in fact, know his father's name, my little angel responded with "Well, you don't know his phone number."

Who in the hell is this kid???  I've never heard him use such a smart mouth before.  He's made comments, but they've always been squashed rather quickly with the mere mention of a time-out.  We are talking about my GOOD kid, people!  He is no hellion; he doesn't buck authority.  Typically.

Needless to say, he's not watching TV right now.  His dad will be picking him up tomorrow, and looking for a better report.  If not, we're going to have some DNA analysis done.  Apparently, the Easter Bunny kidnapped my sweetheart and left me with Mr. Smarty Pants. 

1 comment:

Tracie said...

Oh no! I hope he gets switched back ASAP.

Post a Comment

Am I right, or what?