I have an on-again-off-again relationship with Facebook. At times, I am completely engrossed; while at others, I could give a rat's behind. No lie. I've actually gone 2-3 days in a row without actually logging in.
Pick your chin up off the floor. It happens.
Lately, we've been getting it on. Lately, I can't seem to break away. Kind of like talking on the telephone with my first love. You hang up first. No you. I want to stop looking, but I'm scared I might miss something.
Until...David Downer shows up. And pees in the pool.
Everyone is all "Memphis in May rocked!" or "I saw Jake Gyllenhaal at Jazz Fest!" or "My kids won their soccer tournament." while David is all "What is everyone so damn happy about?? Obama is ruining our country, and your kids are fat."
Seriously?? It annoys the crap out of me how Jon Stewart-ish he tries to be. Don't get me wrong, I am a smart-ass. Sarcasm is how I roll. Furthermore, I can appreciate a fellow know-it-all. His comments, though, are often pretentious and, well, just...damn...snobbish.
I guess that's what bothers me the most. His comments just exude elitism. Like he's sitting at his computer thinking "Ha, ha, ha! I am so fabulous. My wife and kids are beautiful and adore me. I have a gazillion dollars in the bank. And you are NOTHING!"
I'm not sure why I don't delete him, though. I kind of enjoy disliking him. I think my need to get pissed off by his comments is what keeps bringing me back to FB. What the hell is he going to say next?
Or maybe I just feel sorry for him. Because his life really sucks. His wife is sleeping with her trainer. His kids are hellions that he can't stand to be around. He's 52 gazillion dollars in debt and one payment away from foreclosure.
As with everything, I'm sure my obsession with Facebook and David Downer will wane. My ADD doesn't allow me to stick with anything for too long. For the time being, though, I wonder if he's pissed that Bin Laden's body isn't hanging from a flag pole in front of the White House???
6 years ago


4 comments:
I was friends with a David Downer, too. Like you I kind of enjoyed seeing who he would piss off next. Then he said something nasty about Johnny Depp on one of my status posts. Bam - immediately deleted.
Oh man now I almost want to friend him just to see what he says!
It's like watching the wreck on a reality show that you know is going to happen and you peak threw your fingers because you have to! hehe
I seemed to get unfriended for the most random reasons. One was just something I put in my notes that someone had forwarded me describing how Americans would be treated if they tried to become illegal aliens in Mexico. The person who unfriended me is not Hispanic, is not married to one and doesn't know "Hola" from her butt.
Another person could not stomach that I finally corrected their atrocious spelling of a word after it had been used 10 times so incorrectly it was not comprehensible. I was polite (actually I just asked for clarification).
My least fave friend is a guy who wasn't a Downer but had paid off his house at 35 and had to tell everyone as well as make comments such as "I'm glad my parents raised me to be an honest, hard-working person who sees everything through and who became a successful person earning a lot of money." Maybe jealousy entered into it, but really. The last straw was when he told everyone he had his wife down to one handbag purchase a year although she worked and they had no kids and money galore.
hahaha I'd be interested to hear what he actually does post about Bin Laden's death.
I think the freaks are fun to watch everywhere in life...FB just makes it easy, and without the car wrecks cause by rubbernecking!haha
Post a Comment
Am I right, or what?