Tuesday, July 7, 2009

I <3 BOYS!

Since my daughter's been at dance camp this week, I've been able to really spend some time with my son. He's four, and the funniest thing I've ever seen! I laugh so much when I'm with him. Oftentimes, he has no idea why I'm even doing it. "What's so funny, Mom?" he says.


Watching him play is better than watching any movie! He really gets into character. Some days he's Scooby; other days he's Mickey Mouse. He could be Jack Sparrow or Peter Pan. Sometimes he is a combination of a few characters all rolled into one like Super Hero, Pirate Mickey, in his Mickey pjs wearing a pirate hat and a cape. He never runs out of story lines. The boy is good!


Yesterday, he combined Sheriff Woody with Handy Manny by sporting his Woody hat and his tool belt. And the day before, he became Shaggy, the Fireman, with his goggles, fire hat, and a play tire iron. When he was Special Agent Oso, he packed a suitcase with a roll of duct tape, his green crocs, and his goggles. Those were his spy gadgets needed for his assignment.


In the bath at night, he likes to play Super Heroes. He brings a Batman, a Spiderman, and any other "Super Hero" he can find including Mickey Mouse, Goofy, Diego, and Buzz Lightyear. Of course, he is always the Super Hero who swims. He puts his black goggles on (he LOVES those goggles!), climbs into our big garden tub nearly filled to the top with water, and explores the ocean while helping his friends.


How can someone so small have an imagination so big?? My daughter pretends a lot, but she tends to mimic real people. Not my little boy, though. It has to be an action-packed adventure filled with unicorns and goblins and giant gorillas! It must be fun to live in his world. Although I'm not in it, I can envision it from the sidelines.


Buzz Lightyear saving a fairy princess!

Shaggy, the firefighter and rescuer

Shaggy here to save the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Am I right, or what?