Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Tip #547 - NEVER, EVER, NEVER weigh while PMSing


Okay, so I've been basically starving for the last week or so. Not really, but I haven't gone over my calories. I've even gotten pretty good at lowering the carbs and increasing the protein. Hell, I cooked broiled fish last night, for heaven's sake! This is a BIG.DEAL as I hate fish unless it deep-fried with a thick cornmeal batter and comes with hush puppies on the side! (Great, now my mouth is watering. No wonder folks in the South are so fat!)

So I was feeling a bit brave this morning... I took the plunge and jumped on the scale. Lo' and behold, I'd gained 1/2 a pound! WTH? How is this possible???

Let me preface this by saying that I am DEATHLY afraid of scales to begin with. I was damn near bulimic at one time and obsessed with my scale. I weighed myself constantly. If I went over 110 lbs. (makes me sick just thinking about it), I would eat laxatives and live on SlimFast for a week until I was back under 110.

After college and a few episodes of "Intervention," I realized that bulimia was very dangerous and stopped. I threw the scale in the garbage. For the longest time, I didn't even own a scale. I was too fearful that the purging cycles would continue.

The scale is a good thing and a bad thing, though. Yes, it's bad to obsess but it's also bad to be oblivious (which was my most recent issue). By not weighing, I was unaware of actually HOW FAT I'd gotten. Recently I purchased a new scale so that I might keep track of my progress. Scales are good, right??

WRONG!!! They are BAD, BAD, BAD (to put it in my son's terms)! I know I'm about to start, and I do suffer from severe PMS (probably PMDD). But c'mon... A gain?? Really? It's just not possible! It makes me want to go buy the BIGGEST Reese's-Butterfinger Blast imaginable from Sonic. While I'm there, I might as well get a big, fat cheeseburger too!

Not really, but I'm still pissed. Of course, PMS makes me ill any way so what else is new?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Am I right, or what?