Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Mighty Saboteur!


I am the Mighty Saboteur, the arch nemesis of my superhero (and alter ego) Skinny LB! I am able to destroy weight loss goals with a single bowl of ice cream! Fruits and vegetables are no match for the power of my chocolate arsenal. I am here to ensure that Skinny LB is banished! Forever!!!

Okay, so I'm a bit dramatic but... It took me two weeks to lose 1 1/2 pounds. So what do you think I did to "celebrate" my little victory??? I ate ice cream! Not just once, but twice! For the past two evenings I've had a bowl of ice cream before bed. Yesterday, I even tried to save my calories so I could splurge. I guess that's better than going balls-to-the-wall like Wednesday when I went over my calories and fat.

I wonder why I do this to myself. This seems to be a pattern with me. It's like I think of eating right and watching my calories as some type of punishment. Then when I see some results, I feel the need to "reward" myself with the things that I love. Uuggghhhh!!! I totally suck at dieting.

I think while I'm getting the girls analyzed for plastic surgery, I'm going to look into liposuction. Maybe I can figure out a way to get my insurance company to pay for it. Naw, they'll just tell me to get up off my fat ass and hit the gym.

Which leads me to the moral of this story... The only way for me to lose weight is through exercise. I am not good at depriving myself. I am a binger, too, so I tend to binge on that which I am deprived. Currently, that appears to be ice cream.

I guess I should look on the bright side. At least I did make sure it was Breyer's ice cream. According to the book, "Eat This, Not That!", Breyer's is the best choice of ice cream. It doesn't contain all the preservatives or that cancer-causing villain, high fructose corn syrup.

{Careful now; the ADD is kicking in!} Speaking of that, did you know that high fructose corn syrup is in EVERYTHING??? I read somewhere about all the bad effects of the stuff, and wanted to cut it out of our diets. When I started reading food labels, it occurred to me that the stuff is in nearly every item in the grocery store. It is nearly impossible to find a product that tastes good without high fructose corn syrup. We're doomed! And our kids are destined to be FAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Am I right, or what?