Wednesday, June 2, 2010

No, I'm Not Sick; I Lost My Voice Yelling at the Kids!

Day two of our "official" summer break, and I'm reminded why I am NOT a stay-at-home mother.  Phew, I love my kids.  I love them much more, though, when they spend about 8 hours of each day at school and/or daycare.  We have such a great time together when our together time is only 5 or so hours each afternoon.  Even are weekends are fun because there are two of us to corral the herd!  My husband and I have no choice but to be a team.  If not, those two preschoolers would eat us ALIVE!

Waaaa, Mama!  G pinched me!
What did you do to her?
I punched her in the head.
Well, then, you deserved it.  Stop crying and LEAVE! HER! ALONE!

G, stop pestering the dog.
But Mommy..I'm trying to get him dressed for the tea party.
Bubba is old and cranky.  He doesn't like dresses.
Then can he wear pants??

E, get out of the water.
I'm washing my cars, Mama.
Your cars don't need washing.  Turn off the water!
But, but, but...blah, blah, blah.
TURN!  OFF!  THE WATER!

G, let come here so Mama can brush your hair.
*giggle*
*the sound of G crawling under my bed*
Come on now, G.  We're going to be late.
*giggle*
G!  GET!  IN!  HERE!  RIGHT NOW!
*giggle*

Mommy, can I go to Walmart for a new toy?
No, you have plenty of toys.
Please!  It's Mario Day!
Memorial Day.  No toys!
Waaahh, I want a new toy!
Take a time out, Mister!
Waaahh!  Then I'm not giving you your favorite treat -- a hug and a kiss!

E, give that to me right now.
But it's mine!
No, it's mines! (ebonics compliments of our Section 8 daycare)
Mine!
*Push*
Mines!
*Pinch*
Waaaa, Mama!  G pinched me!

Lucky for me (and them) laughter is the best medicine for all that ails you.

*Me staring at my buck nekked 5 year old in the backyard*
E, put your clothes back on right now!
But Mom, I'm going swimming.
We don't strip off our clothes in the yard, Mister.
Will you bring me my swimming soup then? 

*E hears music at the members party at the zoo* 
Wait!  Stop!  It's Miley Jackson! 
*dancing and doing his best rendition of Michael Jackson's "Thriller"*
Friller, friller na,
na, na, na, bah, bah, BAAHH!

Please, please, please, Mommy!  Will you make some pants for my little mouse? 
(We're talking a teeny, tiny mouse figurine from the Cinderella set at the Disney Store.)
I don't think I can.  He's very, very small!

Please, Mama! *with extreme desperation in her voice* 
He doesn't have any pants!

Mama, can we go to Party City?
Why do you want to go to Party City, E?
Because they bring a party to life!
(The kid watches entirely too much TV.)

Looking out my window as I blog, I see a beautiful, hilarious sight -- my son and his crack on the Slip-n-Slide!  Ok, so my summers are a bit more stressful...but the memories (and blogger fodder) are totally worth it!  (-;
Notice the neighbor who never goes home.  She doesn't have a swimming "soup."  That's a whole 'nother blog...

2 comments:

Tracie said...

I love that he thought Memorial Day was Mario Day!

My kids have 2 more days of school and then I lose my mind. The end.

Weezer said...

Is that an old picture of JP?! haha

Post a Comment

Am I right, or what?