Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Blogger Vortex


OMG!  I just spent the last hour and a half in this humongous blogger vortex!  Seriously, I started reading one chick's blog and clicked on the link to one that she follows.  Once on the followed blog, I found an interesting blog that blogger #2 followed.  And so on.  And so on.  And so on.  (ADHD moment:  Do yall remember those Breck Shampoo commercials where the girl tells two friends who tell two friends, and so on, and so on...?  And all the while the picture of the girl multiplies into this big cube containing pictures of herself?  Crazy!)

Where was I?  Oh, yea.  That is exactly how I felt when I was in the blogger vortex.  Where the HELL was I?  And where am I now???  What did I get on here to do any way?  Oh, yea...  I was supposed to be checking this afternoon's weather forecast.  I'm a loser. with ADHD (minus the H). who needs to stay away from the internet.  Yep, that's me.  Oh, and I am still clueless about this afternoon's weather.

But I did find out that it's Wordless Wednesday.  Honestly, I found some blogs that are good for hours upon HOURS of entertainment.  Travis, from I Like To Fish, has lots of groupies.  He came up with these daily blog topics that people use as their writing prompts.  There is Memoir Monday where you tell a good story from your past.  Then there is Post it Note Tuesday where bloggers use these post-it notes to write their blogs (I have NO idea how they do that.  When I find out, I'll definitely let you know.)  Wednesday is Wordless Wednesday where you post a picture worth a thousand words.  Another blogger calls it WTF Wednesday.  Thursday is TMI Thursday.  'Nuff said, right.  And Friday...well, I still haven't figured out what's up for Fridays.

Phew...  Any way, it's this big cult-like community of bloggers.  Who knew?!?  I certainly didn't.  It's like Facebook for bloggers.  You can even follow them on Twitter (the absolutely biggest WASTE of time on the internet)! 

The creme de la creme are treated like celebrities, too!  Folks shower them with Audrey Hepburn-worthy comments.  They have sponsors and commercial advertisements, too.  It's a freakin' trip!  There's even one blogger who uses the strike through in a lot of her posts that her followers swear she invented!  Maybe, but I found that technique used by another blogger quite some time ago.  I even copied it in some of my blogs.  It sure beats deleting stuff.

Don't get me wrong; I'm not checking other bloggers.  They are awesome!  Really!  I love biographies!  I love people and all their quirkiness!  I love that people feel comfortable enough to share their most private moments on the web for the world to see.  I'm a Nosy Rosy.  I love to be all up in someone else's Kool-Aid.

If you are looking for some good reads, here are just a few:

http://whoa-mumma.blogspot.com/

http://www.livitluvit.com/

http://mummy-time.blogspot.com/

http://www.rockanddrool.com/

http://momsaysthink.blogspot.com/

http://batcrapcrazy.blogspot.com/

I can't post anymore.  Every time I go to one of the aforementioned blogs, I end up in the blogger vortex again.  Go read 'em yourself.  I promise you will spend hours reading them and all the ones that they read.  I really wish I had that much time (and energy) to commit to blogging.  Unfortunately, I'm a lazy perfectionist with ADD.  A walking, talking disaster that can't keep a single thought going for more than a few minutes at a time.  Is that a fly?  I thought it was too cold for fliesDamn, I'm cold.  Where's my sweater?  See?!?!

2 comments:

rachaelgking said...

Awww, I love you for this! Thanks so much :-)

melissa said...

hey! thanks for the linky love!! it is crazy about how many bloggers there are, isn't it?!

-melissa
http://www.rockanddrool.com

Post a Comment

Am I right, or what?