It never fails; every time I walk through the doors of that place I'm astounded by my pastor's uncanny psychic abilities. He's quite impressive! It's like he gets inside my head, and says "Uh-oh! These are not very Christian-like thoughts. I better give such-and-such sermon this week."
I know I sound a bit narcissistic by saying his sermons are tailored toward my needs, but it happens too frequently for it to be purely coincidental. Maybe it's because I'm the worst sinner in the joint, and he's trying to fix me. Who knows. All I know is that his sermons are extremely relevant to what I'm thinking and feeling. It's a good thing he didn't know me ten years ago. He probably would have performed a live exorcism in the contemporary service (that's just too much for the "traditional" Presbyterians to handle). But I digress...
The message was about adversity. MG (my pastor) talked about how God uses adversity as a tool to bring us closer to Him. Some of us (i.e. ME) need a lot more adversity than others to come to God, but you get the picture. No matter how tough it gets, we have to remember that our troubles are only temporary. This, too, shall pass. We have to work through them and know that God has our back.
And as usual, I walked out of church seeing things from a different perspective. My PMDD symptoms are only temporary -- about a week, as a matter of fact. And throughout this week, I'm going to get closer to God as I ask Him to for strength to smile at those negative, catty folks in my life. They apparently have their own tribulations they must work through. Oh, and with God's help, I will NOT


No comments:
Post a Comment
Am I right, or what?