We need the SuperNanny or Nanny Deb at my house! I know I've written about this before; however, I'm coming from a different perspective. The last time I talked about a Nanny 911, I was referring to how appalled I felt when my MIL from hell suggested it. Now I'm thinking
After spending an entire day with the kids cooped up in the house, it's clear to me that my husband and I have no earthly idea what we are doing! Seriously, how did we ever get this far? We have zero control. Our house looks like a Toys 'R Us dumpsite with toys scattered throughout. I feel like my life has been taken over by the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse! After a visit from Nanny Jo, we'll need the team from A&E's Hoarders to clean up.
Most importantly, though, we need help with discipline. We have no Discipline Plan at our house. My husband and I just do what we had done to us. I'm a Screamer and an Order Barker. My husband is a Push Over and finally a Spanker (after being pushed over 50 gazillion times). None of these are effective forms of discipline, but it's all we got...
Don't get me wrong. I've read every discipline book written. I have the Pocket Parent, Raising a Spirited Child, 1-2-3 Magic, What to Expect...you name it; I've read it. The problem is that I start with the best of intentions. I'm strong from the gate. But I lose my focus after a lap or two, and the whole house goes apesh*t. In the heat of the moment, I resort to my old habits.
As for my husband?!? He's always a push over. He looks to me for guidance. I am the one that has to make all the decisions at our house. Whatever you say, Mama... I love the man, but he needs more backbone. Every time my kids say jump, he does a cannonball! My daughter is the worst. He is her very own personal assistant. If it weren't so frustrating, it would be kind of amusing. Picture it. A tiny little 3-year old walking her a fru-fru dog with an embellished Louis Vuitton collar while a 6' 4" man in a butler's uniform follows them around with a pooper scooper and a plastic baggie. A funny mental image if it weren't my FREAKIN' life!
Yesterday, I went to the SuperNanny website for some light reading. Lo and behold! What do you think I found??? They are accepting applications for next season's families. I know it's a long shot, but I am filling that sucker out! I love my parents, but I definitely do not want to be like they were. I don't remember my parents being affectionate towards me. I only remember yelling and fighting. And I know my husband doesn't want to be like his parents. His daddy would whip him with a leather strap! I think that is why he is so passive and non-confrontational; his daddy scared the Bee-Jee-zus out of him!
Of course, my MIL from Hell will think it was all her doings and want some sort of payment from the show. If we get chosen, she will certainly want to be interviewed so she can say, "I been saying it all along -- those kids are bad! They wouldn't act that way if I took 'em for a few weeks." Probably not, but they'd be a couple of walkin', talkin' fashion violations with poop on the bottoms of their shoes.
Now I ask you...which is worse?!?!


No comments:
Post a Comment
Am I right, or what?