It saddens me, but I must say farewell. Yep, it's Farewell Friday. After perusing all my guilty-pleasure blog spots, I still can't freakin' figure out what Friday is! Consequently, I've taken the liberty of coming up with my own catchy, little alliteration -- Freakin' Farewell Friday. ...cause it's Friday; you ain't got no job...and you ain't got sh*t to do. (best movie EVER!) Sorry another ADD moment...
Now, where was I? Yes, Freakin' Farewell Friday. I've designated this day a day for monumental farewells. If you need to let go of something or someone, today is your lucky day! Just Do It! Kick it (or him or her) to the curb! Leave no victims; just make it a clean break.
And in honor this auspicious occasion, I've decided to practice what I preach. I am saying freakin' farewell! With a heavy heart, I must bid farewell to my hairstylist, A.
All kidding aside, it does totally sadden me. She is a great hairstylist. She's phenomenal with the scissors. Her coloring skill are flawless. She gets so close to the scalp! You ladies know what I'm talking about. She's a cavier calibur professional. Not only that, she's a great person to hang out with. She's got the goods on everyone in the tri-state area. She's funny, and keeps me entertained the entire time I'm with her.
Why are we breaking up, you ask? It's not her; it's me. Well, it's not even me either. It's the uptight biatch that she works for.
A and I go way back. Ya see, I live in a small town where they still frost hair with those caps and crochet needles. I've literally shopped every salon in this area. Each time, I came home with hideously outdated hair. Don't they watch the Style channel (or any T.V. for that matter)??!? Don't they know the mullet has been out of style for years?
Imagine the orgasmatic expression on my face after my first time with A. OMG! I looked H-O-T, hot. My hair looked incredible! Not only that, but she and I were giggling like BFFs in high school as she worked her magic. Love bloomed and grew with each passing appointment.
Unfortunately for her, the crew of wenches she worked with left her high-and-dry in the middle of the night. It seems not all was as blissfully, wonderful with the co-owners. They got together and decided to part ways with poor A -- without even telling her! Back-stabbing biatches, but I'll save that for a later edition.
With no partners, A could not afford to keep her shop open. Instead, she went to another salon -- a perfectly logical, responsible thing to do. She's still working, but without all the liability. I am sure she is probably much happier. Good for her!
Not me, though. That new salon is too uptight for my liking. That anal wench who owns the place is always so mean to my kids (who also get their hair cut by A)! My kids are 4 and 5. They are not heathens who tear up everything in sight. They're not old enough yet. The new place is not very kid-friendly, though. There are no cheap toys, televisions, or DVDs to keep them entertained. It has uncomfortable furniture so you can't really hang out there and read. I admit, my kids love to play in those chairs, but only the ones that are NOT being used. They aren't rough with the damn things and are usually over it in about 3 seconds. And they like to get stuff out of that little bubble gum machine-looking vending machine. Hell, I give them money! They aren't stealing it, for Christ's sake!
The old shop, on the otherhand, was so homey and friendly. They didn't care if you came in drunk needing a touch-up (just kidding...well, not really). In fact, they always had a bottle of wine in the back in case you needed to get drunk! And their own kids were always in the back room watching TV, doing homework, or playing. They definitely did not care if my kids wanted to play. In fact, they encouraged it. Bring your kids! Hell, bring the whole damn family and the dog, too.
Yep, those were the good ol' days. Things have changed since then. I'm just not feeling it anymore. I'm afraid the spark is gone. Ahhh...back to the plastic caps and crochet needles. It's a good thing the '80s look is back in.
6 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment
Am I right, or what?