Sunday, March 21, 2010

Getting My GTL On With "The Situation" -- LB Style!

I'm a cow.  There, I said it.  I know we've gone over this before, but let's recap just for kicks.  I used to be young and thin.  After having two kids in two years at an age when I ought NOT be having said kids, I'm fat.  I'm roughly 35 pounds heavier than I was in my prime.  (Not my anorexic-100-pounds-because-I-don't-eat-EVER prime, but my working-out-shapely-hot prime.)  Anymoo, I'm a hot mess.

I've been working on it, though.  I've already lost 18 pounds since January.  This week, however, I did not lose one freakin' ounce.  Uuugghh...  It's my own fault, I know.  I didn't go to the gym much last week, and indulged a bit more than I should have.  I guess it was probably a good thing to see the scale not budge.  It kinda gave me a reality check.  If I'm going to get to my goal, I'm going to have to make some sacrifices.  Period.  'Nuff said.

Sacrifice time.  After church today, I hit the gym with a vengeance.  It was my lucky day, too.  Snooki, Pauly, and "The Situation" were doing the Spring Break countdown on MTV.  Snooki and her HU-MON-GOUS hair, Pauly and his spikes so stiff they'd poke your eye out, and Mike "The Situation" and his incredible abs were doing an hour long special!  I actually did 50 minutes of fist-pumping cardio.  (God, I wish they were on every Sunday!)  So I got my G on -- that's Gym for you JS rookies.



Being a loyal follower and a too-old-to-even-be-watching-freakin'-MTV groupie, I hit the tanning bed to complete the T of my mission.  If you want to be a real Guido or Guidette, it's imperative that you complete the trifecta.  The JS trilogy, if you will.

Lastly, I got home to finish up the L.  It's my usual Sunday chore.  My goons, though, gave it whole new meaning.  I used to think of laundry as, well...laundry -- a boring, yet necessary, evil.  Today, it is the final piece to my GTL swagger.  Fine.  I'll do it.  I'm still not putting it away, though.

Ahhh...  I'm now ready to get my Spring Break groove on.  I have two more weeks before I hit the beach!  It's not likely I will be bikini ready.  At least I won't look like a beached whale, though.  My party crowd won't care anyway.  They are just looking to par-TEE!!! 

Yep, my crew and I will be looking so FLY in our new swimsuits and cool shades. We'll be sittin' poolside sipping on ice cold beverages.  (Nothing like Capri Sun juice pouches after they've been iced down for a few hours.)  Then we'll hit the beach for some real action...sand castle building and snorkeling!  Afterwards, we'll get showered up and ready for an exhilirating night at the Mattress Ball!  The next morning, we'll get up before the chickens, have a little hair of the dog (aka chocolate milk and Pop-Tarts) and do it all over again! 

Watch out, Guidos and Guidettes!  The Biloxi Shore will be ROCKIN'!  LB Style!     

1 comment:

Aimee said...

I've never understood so many allusions to a TV show I have never seen before in my whole life. You're freakin' hilarious. You know, I have an elliptical, stationary bike, weight bench and DVDs out the yin yang right here in my house and I can't seem to find the motivation to get back to business. Hell, I haven't been able to find the motivation to even do the damn dishes in the past couple weeks. Ugh. I feel like a sloth lately.

Post a Comment

Am I right, or what?