Although blogs are less animated than facebook, I love them too. Some of the imaginary friendships I've established are dear to me. (I sound like a complete LOSER, I know.) Trav-O and Tracie make me piss my pants on a daily basis. I love how Melissa and Aimee keep it real. Nancy touches my bipolarity. One day she'll bring out a great, big belly laugh; the next day I get all warm and fuzzy and emotional. Even my real-life friends who blog rock my world pretty regularly.
Twitter, though?? Just a stream of meaningless comments from some random folks with whom I have no actual relationship. Even my real friends who I follow on twitter seem to have abandoned the place. The last comment I received from Nick was in March of last year. *Insert theme from The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly* Twitter is like a ghost town.
I have this mental picture of tumbleweeds rolling across my screen when I log in. I'm all alone. In a creepy little ghost town. Just me, the tumbleweeds, some dust, and that ghost playing piano in the abandoned saloon. You never had a rope around your neck. Well, I'm going to tell you something. When that rope starts to pull tight, you can feel the Devil bite your ass. (I don't know what that's all about. I just stole it from the movie, The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly. I like it; I'm keeping it.)
Note to self: Do not



3 comments:
I tried Twitter, I really tried. Okay, no I didn't. I think I opened an account but that's it. It was just....weird. Like I would have been talking to myself. At least on Facebook I know within seconds if someone's kid has an ear infection, if that chick I might have passed in the hall once in high school is in a fight with her husband, or if my husband needs my help with a Mafia Wars job. Not to mention, I just don't think I could take myself seriously if I had to look myself in the mirror and admit that I actually "tweeted." It's. Just. Not. Cool.
Thanks, sweetie!
I use twitter for one reason...to vent about things with my girlfriends that are too private for facebook status updates. I guess I could just text them, but that would involve getting my phone...
I use Twitter sparingly. I have come to develop semi-real/meaningful relationships w/ a few of the people on there, so I'm grateful for that.
And if I ever have a random question, I know someone out there will help me find an answer!
If you ever get back on and want to find me, I'm @erinlynn76. Some days I'm only on once, some days it's more. Just depends.
Post a Comment
Am I right, or what?