I am seriously losing my mind! At what age, I wonder, do the warning signs for Alzheimer's start to appear? Regardless, the indicators are there flashing like big neon signs! It won't be long before I leave for the mall and be gone for days because I do not remember where I live.
I used to think it was due to the brain cells I lost when I was pregnant. Those never come back, ya know... The older I get, though, the more my memory fails me. I am forever LOSING things! I think I put them in a logical, appropriate place. Until I go to retrieve them. :(
A couple of years ago, I bought my daughter this exquisite princess costume. I bought the total look including the crown and the sparkly shoes. Since it was on sale after Halloween, I put it up for later. When it came time to wrap presents, I found everything except for those freakin' shoes! I hunted high and low for those things. I spent hours rummaging through the usual places but to no avail. Finally, in July of the following year, my husband found them at the top of the closet. I was so flustered because that is one of my usual stashes; I'd already looked there. 50 gazillion times!
This past Christmas I purchased personalized gifts for my children's teachers. As always, I bought them before I had the tree up and put them "up." I haven't seen them since October 2009.
About a week ago, I bought a sassy little bangle to go with this dress. On the same day that I purchased the bracelet, I bought a couple of bras and some make up. I took the tags off the bras and put them in my lingerie drawer. I took the make up out of the boxes and put it in my cosmetic bag. I took the tag off the bracelet and placed it on my dresser near my jewelry box. All the tags and boxes were put in the Macy's bag and taken to the trash.
Fastforward a week... I am getting ready for a semi-formal event that we have at the high school each year. I put on my pretty new dress and started to accessorize when, Awww HELL... Where is that damn bracelet?? Not now; not again!!! I looked everywhere! I had to find an alternate cute-but-not-nearly-as-freakin'-perfect bracelet!
Today brought about my most recent Alzheimer's episode. When I got to work this morning, I went to unlock my classroom door only to find that my door key is missing!!! WTH?!? It's sounding more like a Conspiracy Theory, I know, but who has access to all of my personal belongings? The only logical conclusion is that I am certifiable! All I need is a doctor to sign on the dotted line...send me to a nursing home before I hurt myself.
6 years ago


1 comment:
You might need to put some tags on your kids with your address on them. They may be the next to go "missing."
Post a Comment
Am I right, or what?